Sunday, November 23, 2008

Shower Time

Yesterday my oh so fabulous friend Amanda threw me and little Jaycie a baby shower. There was wonderful food {thanks Amanda and Terin}, great company, and a to-die-for cake from Candy Haven {thanks Kris!!!}. I just wanted to thank everyone who was involved and took the time out of their busy Saturday to come and shower me with love and congratulations {and presents too!} It was a blast.

I got lots of gorgeous girly clothes and blankets...and I gotta say, so much more fun than a boy shower!

This was my my most anticipated gift {sorry everyone else}. My grandma makes blankets for every great grandchild. Devin has one that he cannot live without. They are so soft and cozy and special to me that I couldn't wait to get Jaycie's. It also came with an adorable matching hooded sweater and one of those little blanket bunny things. SO CUTE!

These HOMEMADE burp clothes were the most popular gift. My cousin Jenna made three of these for me and they are stunning. THANKS JENNA!

The beautiful cake from Kristi and hand-crafted flower arrangement by Mom.

The five pregnant women there...here we are in order by due date. Me {due in 2 weeks}, Becca {due mid-january}, Amanda {due Valentine's Day}, Tina {due end of May}, and Terin {10 weeks along}.

9 comments:

Amy said...

You all look so adorable! I'm happy you had a great time and got so many cute girly things. :) It's so fun, isn't it?!

Heather said...

You look so great April! What a great shower and I have been meaning to tell you that I love Jaycie for a name...super adorable and unique! Any day now she will be here. I can't wait to see her and good luck with everything!

Jenna said...

I love you love you love you and can't wait to see pics of this beautiful babe. Having a girl after a boy is the. best. ever! You will love it. I'm glad you liked the burp rags, I love them too! :-) Good luck the next two weeks. May she decide to come early!

Tina said...

Ya, so your shower made me want a girl more than I have ever wanted one before!!! All those cute girl clothes and pinks, purples and yellows...... I'm counting down to December 10th!!
Your shower was lots of fun! Thanks for inviting me!!

Amanda said...

YAY for baby girls! It was so much fun and thank you for letting me do it! I hope you had a great time and felt spoiled. You deserve it... Can't wait to meet this sweet little Jaycie.

Marcie said...

I can't believe your due date is so close! That came so fast for me...I'm sure it hasn't for you. You look great! I am so excited for you guys to have a little girl! I hope we have a girl next too. About the sling...I haven't used it a ton yet but it is nice to have as an alternative to carrying him around in my arms when he just wants to be held. Love you guys! Take care. I can't wait to hear the news that Jaycie is here!!

Amy said...

Thanks for all your baby advice! It's exactly what I was looking for. :) I can't believe you'll have TWO in only 9 days! Best of luck. I can't wait to move there and let our girls do girly things together!

Jessica Lynn said...

5 days :O!! I'm so excited

Nicole said...

That's why girls are so fun...someday!