Thursday, December 4, 2008

4 Days Left

While I am fully aware of the deadline hovering over my head, it's amazing how I can't quite wrap my mind around what's going to happen when the clock stops ticking in four days. I'm incredibly excited to meet Jaycie and to see what she's going to look like. I know I should be feeling other emotions too...I should feel anxious, or nervous, or scared...but I don't. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, all I know is I'm going to be starting a new phase of my life and while I have no idea what to expect, I'm sure it will be just as cool as the "Devin Phase" (only hopefully less time spent riding the emotional rollercoaster).

I still have quite a few things to finish before I go in Tuesday morning (like packing a bag, putting a 2nd carseat in my car, and beginning and completing Christmas shopping), but I did manage to get Jaycie's bedroom all ready for her. After all, that is the fun part.


The colors don't really show up well...but the walls are green with a chocolate stripe and accent wall and red, blue, green, and yellow circles. It's adorable in person and I have to thank Kristi profusely for helping me get it done. It was a pain to hand paint all those circles but it was totally worth it!

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so jealous you even have a nursery! It looks absolutely adorable--I LoVe it. I love the cute little shoes on the dresser too. :) Can't wait to see cute pictures in just a few days!

Amanda said...

LOVE IT!

Michaelson Family said...

April,
Hey I found your blog!!! Your nursery is SO SO SO cute. I am so jealous that you are at the end of your pregnancy b/c I feel like I am still at the beginning.
Congrats. I can't wait to see your little girl!
Here is our blog address...
www.themichaelsonmemories.blogspot.com
Good Luck with the addition. Let me know how the transition from one to two kids goes.

Jessica Lynn said...

I can't wait to see you and Jaycie tuesday afternoon :O !

Kinzie Sue said...

It was so great seeing you at toddler time! Best of luck if she isn't already here. By the way- her room is so cute, decorating is definately a fun part!! Send me your email address so I can invite you to our blog (txnbyubabe@hotmail.com)

Tina said...

Holy Mackerel!! It is just too cute for words! You did a great job. Hopefully I can come see it in person someday!!!! (hint, hint)
I can't believe you are in the hospital RIGHT THIS SECOND!! I can't wait for my text with the wonderful news! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Loni said...

Today is the big day! I cant wait to hear how it all went!! You are going to love having a little girl around!! Congrats and cant wait to see pics and hopefully meet her soon!!!!!!!!!! love you guys!

Nicole said...

It's SO cute. You did a fantastic job!