Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We've Been Busy...

I have sort of been obsessed lately with everything girly. Cute clothes, tights & leggings, hats, and most recently, headbands. I bought a couple of super adorable headbands off ebay from some woman in Utah (naturally) and when I got them I realized how easy they would be to make. Thus commenced Project "She's a girl...not a boy".


I purchased the headbands from ebay...28 total. Then my mom and I made all the flower clips that can be used in your child's hair (right...like my baby will have any of that for the next 2 years) or interchanged amongst the headbands of your choice...29 total. It's so much fun. I'm not as crafty as most you talented ladies, but it was a fun first project. Here's a few picturs of the headbands in use:





10 comments:

Nicole said...

She is sooooo cute!!! I am loving all the girlie headbands and bows! You did so great. :)

Amy said...

Where did you get the flowers? I know they look easy to make, but where to start?! haha. What a great idea. she is so adorable!

Kinzie Sue said...

AMAZING! I never ventured into the headband or bow making. Yours are so cute, well especially her in them! Adorable!

Heather said...

Great job April! In Utah these things are everywhere. I like all the color's of headbands you got! I think I was the last one here to climb on board with them. So Of course I have a million of these things too, but Gabbie pulls them off after wearing them for like 5 min! Jaycie looks super cute in them:)

Michaelson Family said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are so talented!!!
I wish I knew how to do these.
Wish you lived closer so you could teach me. I am so jealous.

The Rich's said...

very impressive!! keep those suckers on her head because even if you dress her girly..if she doesn't have something in her hair stupid people ask what his name is..hehe..(this happens to me all the time 'cause my gal won't keep 'em on her head) But, you really could make a business selling those! people here in utah make a fortune in headbands and bows!!

Tina said...

Love it, love it. You are making me jealous that I'm not having a little girl. Sometimes I think that boys are no fun until Tyler reminds me that he can't wait to get Jacob and John matching Florida Gators outfits. Oh boy, this should be...... expensive!!

Karchaske Family said...

PLEASE HELP
Hey, I love these bows.... SO adorable.... Okay, well now you have a job. Well I need you to help with me with some. (If you don't mind). I want to give them as a gift for a friend. Her shower is coming quick. Please email only if you are not busy.
kisz12317@yahoo.com and point me in the right direction to get bows as cute as these.

Thank you,

Kira (Amanda's friend)

Loni said...

You are definately ready to move back out to Utah, look at those bows!! I love it!!!! She looks so sweet sound asleep with that big white flower!!! I love it!!

Hansen Fam said...

She is definitely one styling girl!!