Thursday, March 26, 2009

Let the Sleepovers Begin

Last night we had the opportunity of watching Cole Drysdale, Devin's friend from birth. He brought a bag full of stuff and thus commenced Devin's first sleepover! The night started out with lots of growling, running, climbing, a whole lot of giggling, and of course eating.


What better dinner than pizza at a sleepover?!


After a ton more giggling and running from room to room (which Jamin was thrilled about because it's usually him that has to run with Devin) we popped some popcorn and watched a movie in mom's room.


Not such a good idea.


Then bedtime came. At 8:30 I put them down...in the same bed...and prayed for a miracle.


They pretty much growled and giggled (I know right?...what a bunch of little girls) regardless of my repeated attempts to get them to go to sleep (I even used my mean voice) until 10:00 pm. Not too bad. So I go to sleep expecting a long night...and rightly so because at 1:30 am I hear Devin...giggling of course. Then as I leave the room to tell him to go to bed I hear him say... "wake up...WAKE UP!" And now Cole's awake too! They fall right back to sleep though and don't wake up until 7:30 am. It is now 8:15 and they haven't stopped giggling. Cute, huh?

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Okay, this really is just THE cutest thing ever. I'm glad they gave you a *mostly* restful night!!

Amy said...

So much fun!! they are too cute together, and I can't believe the one bed worked out! They're growing up so fast!

Natalee said...

So Cute!! What a fun little sleep over. They look like such fun friends. I'm so glad I finally found your blog!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh...How fun! The boys are adorable together. Sleepovers as a kid were always the best. I'm glad it went so well! Super fun pics.

Amanda said...

You are so brave and oh so nice- I definitely owe you one.... or 2 or 3 really. You got some great pics, and I love that they are best friends! Did I tell you he thinks Devin is his cousin? I'm ok with that. :)

Tina said...

I'm glad to hear that you are still alive after that!! How fun to have their first sleepover. I'm sure they are going to LOVE these pictures when they are all grown up!!