Saturday, January 10, 2009

One Month Old

We've made it to one month! I can't believe it's been a month since she was born...and yet I can't believe Jaycie's only been with us for a month. It feels like she's been a part of our family forever.

To be honest, not a whole lot has happened in a month. Jaycie really loves to eat...still every three hours...and her second love is sleeping. She especially loves to sleep the day away, despite my efforts to keep her awake. But she sleeps at night (usually one 5 hour stretch) so I can't complain. With the exception of some gas problems, she has been an excellent baby and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.

Jaycie's first trip to church (3 weeks old)...dresses are so fun!

One month photo shoot...she either passed out when I tried to take her picture or made the most horrific faces...these were the best shots she gave me.



Jaycie with Devin (showing me his dirty hands) and her cousin Riley.

This really has been the most amazing experience. I was a little terrified at the thought of having two children and having to deal with the chaotic hormonal/emotional issues of having a newborn. But it has been so fantastic. Everything has gone so smoothly (minus the sleep deprivation) and I owe it all to my wonderful husband! Since he started coaching at the middle school this year, he was able to be home with me through Christmas break. I got to sleep when I needed to and I never had to worry about what Devin was doing or how I was going to get him into timeout while feeding Jaycie. So thanks Jamin! You are the most amazing husband and I owe my sanity to you!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man we need to get these girls together. I LoVe the pic of Jaycie with Devin--it's too cute! It sounds like you have an angel baby! And thank goodness for great husbands. I might have died without James here to help me out.

Loni said...

SHE IS SOOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!! Girls are so fun! I am so happy for you!! Life is as crazy or peaceful as you make it. I am so happy you are enjoying it!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!

Tina said...

I need to come over and hold her! Tyler even asks me when I'm going to go visit you. She is beautiful and we all knew you could handle two kids. How about a third?! Any suggestions?
Devin sure has grown up too! How is he with Jaycie?

Nicole said...

Oh she is just so sweet and beautiful. Glad to hear things are going so well!! What a great hubby you have!

Unknown said...

Don't worry about not calling me back. For some reason the link on my blog to yours is wrong and so I thought you fell of the face of the earth. I just thought something was wrong. Glad things are going so good for you with 2 kids. Jaycie is so beautiful!! It makes me want to have a girl. Miss you guys tons and wish I was there to help out!!

Linda R. Cobb said...

Just peaked in...CONGRATULATIONS Jamin and April -- that's a beautiful family you've got there! Linda Cobb

Kris and Libby Brown said...

April!! She is gorgeous!! You have such adorable babies!!

The Johansen Family said...

who is that handsome boy on the right..did you adopt him? Just kidding, so precious they all are it's amazing how much alike they can look.

Unknown said...

She is darling!!! Glad to hear that you are doing so well.

Jen Demaris said...

She really is beautiful! and I LOVE her name, she looks like a Jacie. So can you tell me where you got her shirt? I have been looking for one like it for Cierra (Little Sister) Thanks!