Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bathtime Nightmares

Lately, the bathtub has been the source of several mischevious acts...all centered around Devin. Last Sunday after I realized he had been mysteriously quiet for too long, I found him like this in my parents bathroom. He had turned the bathtub on, pulled the toilet paper from the holder to the tub, effectively clogging the drain, and allowed the tub to overflow. He was of course delighted and, despite my scolding, could not help but splash around in the two inches of water covering the floor. The carpets in the closets and leading into the bathroom were soaked and smell of mildew. Water also managed to seep through the wall into the laundry room which means the wood is likely to mold. YAY!

The second incident occurred tonight. We had just bathed Devin, slathered on the lotion and got him dressed in his pjs. He disappeared as we were getting Jaycie ready and this is where Jamin found him. Aparently the tub didn't drain and Devin simply couldn't resist.

At least we won't have problems with personal hygiene.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Yikes!! At least you know he's not afraid of the water...I thought maybe that was the case with your title! He sure is cute, though, so he has that going for him. ;)
Loving your new background. So cute!

Jodi said...

That is hilarious! Cute tub by the way. And of course cute Devin too!

Amanda said...

Holy cow, that is too funny!! At least Cole hasn't figured this out... maybe we should keep Devin out of our bathroom so he won't teach Cole. :)

Michaelson Family said...

April!
I just died when I read this. Holy cow. What a scary thought....what an expensive thought!
How are you doing with 2 kiddos by the way? Is it really hard? I am terrified for #2 to get here. Excited, yes. But also terrified to have to play zone defense during the day now.
Hope all is well!

Amy said...

Wow! He's quite the 2-year old! These are things you end up laughing at *afterward*. I love that he's still smiling and having a blast.

The Johansen Family said...

Crazy, Devin! You might have to find a good lock for moms doors.

Heather said...

OH MY! I laughed but almost cried too! Perhaps you have a future swimmer on your hands with all this facination of water in tubs.

Amy said...

Old Navy is OUT of those cute pants. They don't even have them online anymore. Oh well--I tried. Did you get newborn pics of Jaycie? We bought a tutu and Ava's getting hers done tuesday. Aren't girls so much fun?! :)

Loni said...

I love it! Its just the begining, I am so glad you took the time to take pics! Enjoy it, everytime my kids do something out of control but creative, I have to choose to laugh and not SCREAM!! Its not an easy choice (and I dont always choose it),but it makes life more fun! Your kids are adorable! Come visit!!!

Jackie said...

That is hilarious. Oh, Devin. That little look on his face is too cute! In fact that little picture you have on the side says it all. It's a 'I love trouble and I'm too cute for anyone to get mad at' face.