Friday, October 10, 2008

Summer Vacations

In August we were fortunate enough to go to St. Martin in the Caribbean with the family: My parents, Cory, Brandon & Jess, and Jamin, Me, and Devin. Kristi and her family weren't able to go so it fell short of a family reunion...we missed them. But we had some really fun moments with Devin.

This is the view from the balcony of our room. You could hop over this wall and be on the beach. Gorgeous.

Me (without makeup) and Jamin on the other side of our balcony. Just look at the crystal clear blue water!

Lounging around

There was this little lighted pier right off our balcony that Devin loved to hang out on. A little nerve wracking with all the large and jagged rocks waiting to catch him if he fell over the side.

It took us a full 24 hours but he eventually grew to love the sand and water.

The kids just before sunset.

Scooter patrol. Ever since Jamin and I went to St. Martin on our honeymoon we have rented scooters. It's the only (and of course the coolest) way to get around the island. Of course now with a kid in tow and one on the way, I stuck to the car with the old people. :)

Devin about to be bowled over by a wave.

This was fun. He let loose at this beach and just kept running into the water, getting knocked down, then running back up to the dry sand. After about 5 times of this you would be walking a little crooked too.

I also have to mention the airplane rides. I was amazed. We were on 5 different airplanes and sat in the airport for an entire day on our way home. He was an angel. He slept on every plane ride on my chest (a first) or played quietly with his new toys. And he even took a nap on the seats at the gate while we were stuck in the airport terminal for 8 hours. It was a huge success!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so jealous of a few things here:

a) St. Martin.
b) sleeping child on plane/at airport
c) your new blog layout

So, good job. You just made my day. :)

Amy said...

I SO wish I was at the beach right about now. Looks like you had so much fun, and I know I already told you this, but I LoVe your hair at that length. It looks awesome. Hope the 3rd trimester treats you good. :)

Marcie said...

That trip looks amazing!! I love you new hair do! It might not be new but I haven't see it yet. It is super cute! I hope you are feeling good these days with number 2 on the way! We miss you guys and hope that we will see you some time soon.

The Johansen Family said...

how fun!! this is the first ime I have seen pictures from St. Martin. I like the picture of Devin running on the beach.

Loni said...

First I LOVE LOVE your hair! I haven't ever seen it short, its so great! Second, Devin is SOOO big!! I can't believe it! I hope we get to see you guys sometime soon! I am glad you had a fun vacation, love the pics!!

Tina said...

Wow!! Devin slept on the plane? I'm amazed and happy for you!! I"m so glad that he enjoyed himself on the beach!! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. When are you not going to be so busy so I can see you again?

Kris said...

AAAAAAAAHHHH! When did you cut your hair?! I absolutely love it!!!!!!!! =) You look so grown up and sophisticated! =)