Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Tricks

Most of you know about the physical struggles Devin has gone through over the past year. So I thought I'd give a little update. He walked around 14 months, but couldn't sit up on his own or stand up. He picked that up shortly after he started working with a therapist. He finally started crawling at 18 months! Talk about backwards. Over the past three months he's learned how to run, climb up and down stairs, and he's working on jumping. His little legs still aren't strong enough to walk up normal sized steps without support but he's getting there. He hasn't had to see a therapist for several months now so we are very proud of all the hard work he's put in. He's been working on this latest trick for a few weeks now and he's getting pretty good. I think it's because he used to use his head to help him stand up so he was already halfway there...here's a video:

6 comments:

Heather said...

Good work Devin! I am so glad he is doing so well. I miss you!

Tina said...

I love it!!! That is so great how he just poses there forever! I'm glad to hear that he's doing so well without going to therapy. It's probably because of his great parents that help him.
(hmmm, was that General Conference in the background I heard?!) Pres. Eyring? Hee, Hee!!

Amy said...

Yay!! I love the little giggle when he flips over. So cute.

Loni said...

Yeah for Devin, summersaults are a tough thing to conquer! He is so cute! He is going to be an awesome big brother!

Kris said...

lol! April that is the cutest video I have ever seen, besides the one where he is talking gibberish with Jamin! ;) What an adorable boy you have!!!! =) He is such a cutie! I couldn't help but laugh while I was watching this. Keep us posted on his somersault progress! ;)

Unknown said...

I didn't know all this stuff about him. Some I did, but not all. We haven't talked in a while. This video is so cute. Go Devin!! I love the picture on the right of Devin and Jamin. He is so photogenic.