Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tag...I'm It!

Oh boy oh boy! I love being tagged (minimal amounts of sarcasm). I get to discuss all the interesting things about me...who knows, maybe I'll even discover what those are. Here we go:

MY FAVORITE THINGS around the house

My favorite thing in the kitchen is... My ultra vintage florescent light fixture. It finally died out on us a few weeks ago so when the maintenance man announced he would have to replace it, I actually got my hopes up...no more flickering eyesore! But in he walked with A BRAND NEW florescent light fixture...I didn't even know they sold those anymore!?!?!

My favorite thing in the bathroom is... uhhh...running water...a toilet that flushes. That is a comprehensive list of the perks of my beautiful bathroom.

My favorite thing in the bedroom is... most definitely our tempurpedic matress topper. Ahh...who sleeps on a regular old mattress anymore. It's like falling asleep on a cloud of marshmallows!

My favorite thing in the living room is... my one of a kind, completely original, painting that hangs just above our couch. My incredibly talented husband Jamin painted this for me and I absolutely love it!

My favorite thing in the bedroom closet is... oooh oooh...it's gotta be the tin trap door to the attic that rattles every time the wind howls. Or wait...maybe it's the rats, or possibly even squirrels, that scratch and scratch just when you're falling asleep. It's just your everyday closet. :)

My favorite thing in the pantry is... definitely our pantry door. It's the 8th World Wonder. At only 11 and 3/4 inches wide and 80 inches high, it's the perfect hiding place for children seeing as how most adults coudn't even fit through the opening!

My favorite thing in the "office" is... Office??? If the nook in my bedroom's bay window where my desk and computer resides counts as an office, I would have to say the fan sitting on top of my printer. You see, at only a foot away, it not only helps cool me as I sleep in my cozy bed at night, but it also provides the white noise that I have come to depend upon for a good night's sleep.

My favorite thing in the baby's room is... my baby, of course! He is fast asleep in his crib right now giving his mom the necessary time required to complete this fascinating survey!

Now let's spread the joy: I tag KRISTI, JESS, MOLLY, JACKIE, and HEATHER.

6 comments:

Amy said...

This one has to be my favorite of the "favorite things" posts everyone is doing. I was cracking up! I can totally understand your lack of space and fine things...we're in the same boat. That painting is incredible! And hey, at least you have an attic, and a pantry, and a closet. That's more than I can say. :)

Nicole said...

Okay, this was just hilarious. Made even more so by the late hour in which I was reading. Thanks for the laugh. And I would LOVE to fall asleep in a cloud of marshmallows, maybe then I would actually sleep!! The painting, by the way, is SO awesome. Loved it.
Hope things are going great!

Jessica Lynn said...

Hahah you're so clever :D i'll get to it .... eventually

The Johansen Family said...

ok so I want to do this and I will but right n ow I am back blogged. Ha ha!!! So I have some catching up to do. But I will do it. Sounds like fun.
Kris

Amanda said...

I'm back. I've missed you!!

Jessica Lynn said...

ive fulfilled said blog quota :)