Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rats or Squirrels?

As it turns out, our attic (the one with the rattling tin door) has become home to a family of squirrels. I guess it's comforting to know our upstairs neighbors aren't rats, but seeing as how they both belong to the family of rodents, I don't know how relieved I am. What it comes down to is they both have claws and they both scratch against the walls. Cute or not, the squirrels have to go.


This is the light right outside our bedroom window. As we discovered yesterday, the silver mounting piece has become separated from the brick wall and the squirrels go in and out via the hobit-hole opening behind. And yes, there are squirrels plural. This is the mom and she has at least two little babies that I've seen. Precious, I know, but annoying none the less.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

It feels so good to know that I'm not the only one with rodents living above us. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with the scratching and procreating. Good luck with that...

Amy said...

I totally thought you were kidding about the "rats" in your ceiling! I'm so sorry they're even there, but I've heard they're not too difficult to get rid of. Good luck! Just don't open that rattling tin door!

Kris said...

Oh wow, how annoying!!!! I agree, squirrels are cute, but inside the house it would freak me out, too!

Nicole said...

So squirrels sound SO much better than rats. I don't know why that is...but good luck getting rid of them!

Jen Demaris said...

Seriously squirrels are taking over TX! My mom had some monster ones in her attic too! whats up with that!? I have to admit it gets kinda gross that they are everywhere! Plus talk about the roadkill

Unknown said...

its been like 32 days since your last post. i am tired of checking for an update april. u g h