Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Whole Lot of Updates

It's been ages. I don't have an excuse, I just didn't want to blog. So I apologize. I'm sure I missed many amazing moments in everyone's lives and I will try my hardest to catch up. Here's a little of what's been going on over at the Austin's.

We love our house and especially love the neighborhood. Halloween was a blast...so many kids walking the streets and neighbors sitting on their porches...did I mention that I LOVE our neighborhood?

Devin was an army man and got to trick or treat with his friend Cole.

Jaycie was an angel...so beautiful.

November brought several exiting events. First, Devin turned three!

I can't believe I have a three year old. So far I'm liking the threes much more than the twos.

A few weeks later, Devin broke his arm. He was wrestling with his friend Cole, they fell softly to the ground, and Devin somehow fractured his arm on Cole's face. It's amazing...not only are his muscles "soft" but apparently he has brittle bones as well. He's done really well. He doesn't notice the cast at all and he gets to take it off next wednesday.

Thanksgiving was fantastic. Definitely one of my favorite holidays. The whole family was together at my mom's house and Jaycie decided that was a good time to start walking! Now she is all over the place just relishing in her new freedom.


And lastly, Jaycie turned one yesterday. We had a last minute family party (I actually didn't even know about it) so I have no pictures. I can just assure you that she is beautiful and thriving!

My baby is no longer a baby and I was surprised at how sad that made me. She climbs stairs, walks around like she owns the place, loves to carry around my cell phone against her ear and jabber, loves a good book just like her mom, talks a ton but doesn't say much yet, eats anything she can get her hands on...her eight teeth help, plays with her big brother whenever he allows it, and absolutely loves the doll and blanket her great grandmother made her. She has been the perfect addition to our little family.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

wow!! So many things going on, no wonder you haven't blogged!! happy birthday to your two cute cute kiddos! I agree, 3 is SOOO much better than 2.

molly said...

wow, a broken arm! we totally need to get together!

Natalee said...

I love the updates!! Sounds like things are going awesome with the house and kids! We'd love to get together again soon!

Tina said...

Poor little Devin and his arm. He sure looks cute with a cast though on him.
And walking? My my how she is so totally different than Devin. What a beautiful angel she made for Halloween. I can't wait to see her... Thursday?!?!?

Amanda said...

I love all your pics. I still have been waiting to see those Halloween ones!! I just love your 2 cute kiddos, too. We should definitely do a trade again - it was great. Minus the peeing problems next time. :)

Heather said...

Thanks for the post! You guys have been very busy!! The kids are getting so big and even cuter!! Can't believe Devin is 3 and Jaycie is 1!!