Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Disappointed

Ok...so I gotta say I'm disappointed with Breaking Dawn. I know a lot of you haven't read it yet so I won't give anything away. I just wanted to express my lack of enthusiasm. I was incredibly excited for this release. I did nothing but read all day Saturday so I was able to finish early Sunday morning. I was entertained enough that I wanted to keep reading and finish the book. But when it was all over, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Not because it was over and there would never be another book, but because it just didn't do it for me. There were several times in the book where I was like, WHAT?!? Why did she do that?!?! It just seems like she lost a lot of steam with each new book. The first one was INCREDIBLE, but each one after that lost a little something. I don't know. What did you guys think???

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I am just going to email you what I thought because it is SOOO long and I don't want to ruin it for anyone...I was a little disappointed as well so I actually rated it an 8 when I was talking to Jeff and then put 9 on the blog because I was in a hurry...I just haven't changed it. Maybe I should do that. haha Anyways...I'll just email you. I'm curious what things you liked/didn't like??!!!
ANNNNNNNNNND...on a completely different note...are you guys thinking names yet?! SO fun!!! Oh girly stuff is just SO. Much. FUN! Yay for you!

Tina said...

I don't know... I haven't read it yet but I'm waiting for a certain person... no names being named at this time.... to lend me their copy so I can read it. And then, I'll give you my opinion. That's too bad thought that the ending wasn't fabulous. We'll have to get a BIG group together for the movie in December..... if you haven't POPPED by then that is.

brianna said...

hey sister austin! cangrats,your having a girl!!!COOL! Anyway....i totally agree with you about the book! It was like poo! i hated it!!! Anywoo... ummmm that's it i guess! we miss you!!!move back!!!

chris+amber said...

CONGRATS, April! We're so excited for your family to enjoy the world of PINK!!! As much as I love my boys, I miss girly baby stuff! I really enjoyed this book. I have to agree...Twilight is, by far, the best book out of all these books. New Moon is still my least favorite. CONGRATS again!

Amy said...

You're not going to believe this...we're having a girl!!! Thanks for hanging out with us on Friday--it was so much fun! :)

Janae said...

I loved the book! I really did. It pleased all my desires, and surprised me a lot. I really really loved it. She resolved the drama, and let them live peacefully. How great an ending would it be if she and Edward died and Jacob ate Renesmee??? okay, I know he wouldn't, but the point is, I loved it.

Jen Demaris said...

I am in the middle of the book and I have to admit I am totally loving it, it seems like one of her best so far to me...even though sometimes the way the author writes really irritates me, like Bella's personality...anyways, Ill let you know after I finish it!
OH and CONGRATS to you too on being pregnant! A girl too? Ya both of our little ones are the same age (basically!) I want to see a pic soon!