Thursday, June 11, 2009

Six Whole Months

I can't believe it...Six Months! My baby is growing up so fast. I have enjoyed Jaycie like I never allowed myself to enjoy Devin. Of course I love them the same, but it's different with your first. You worry, you stress, and above all, you follow the rules. You do everything the books and baby wise, and baby center tell you to do. But with Jaycie, I hold her, and love on her, and don't stress when circumstances are less than perfect. It has been so much fun.

Here's what Jaycie's up to at 6 months:

  • She weighed in at 17 pounds 1 ounce. That's the 71st percentile.
  • She measured 26.5 inches long which put her in the 77th percentile for height.
  • She can sit unsupported now and is already trying to rock forward on her knees.
  • She's got her two bottom teeth in and LOVES to chew on my fingers.
  • Still sleeping about 12 hours at night and taking two long naps.
  • She loves to laugh and will smile at anyone who looks at her.
  • She hates green vegetables but I make her eat them anyway.
  • She has started to shriek when it's time to eat and I'm just not fast enough. (Devin did that from the day he was born.)
  • She loves to touch faces and hold her feet (which is the cutest thing on the planet).
  • And best of all, she never cries. She is perpetually happy.

Man I love this girl.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, you are blessed. And don't you just love perpetual happiness?!? She is adorable and I LOVE your new pics- way to go.

Please don't charge me. :)

Kinzie Sue said...

Happy 6 months!! I am so excited to have our second arrive. I'm like you, I feel like I'm much better prepared and can just love on this little guy!! Jaycie is so CUTE!!

Marcie said...

I LOVE these pictures of Jaycie. She is a doll! I can't wait to see Ethan interact with his cousins. It will be fun to see how alike Ethan and Jaycie are. I think she beat Ethan by a good month in the teeth department. I can't wait until July!

Heather said...

Gotta be some of the cutest pics ever! And I love reading about all the fun stuff both kids are doing.

Tina said...

That is incredibly sad that I haven't seen you in 6 months. When are we going to get together? Seriously? It better not take us until John is 6 months old. He is already 2 months. What are you doing next week?!?!
She is soooo cute and Devin... what a handsome little man.