Thursday, April 1, 2010

The {Almost} Easter Egg Hunt

On Saturday our lovely little community put on an Easter Festival.  Devin was pumped.  The Easter bunny was going to be there, there would be games and food, a petting zoo, but most exciting of all, an easter egg hunt.  Oh man.  Devin was sketching out plans, thinking up ways that would allow him to collect the most orange eggs.  We get there and off he goes.


Like he owns the place.  Then Jaycie runs around (she actually does own the place) looking adorable as ever.


We play on the playground, we check out the animals, but they aren't ready for the easter egg hunt yet.  Impatience is starting to set in.  Oh but wait, bounce house to the rescue.


And then it's Devin to the rescue as he flies about the bounce house.  And then it's Mommy to the rescue as he flies OUT of the bounce house.  And yep, you guessed it.  Another broken arm.  As we were rushing him to the car, the Easter Egg hunt started.  Darn, maybe next year.


His temporary cast and impossible-to-keep-on sling.  Why do they even bother?


After we picked out this totally awesome glow in the dark cast, he says, "Mom, next time I'll get orange."  Seriously? Are you planning on a next time?  Maybe I should.  It might be wise to set aside some money each month for Devin's next break.  Dave Ramsey would be proud.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Is it bad that I just laughed while reading this?!? You are so positive and optimistic... I hope that rubs off on me someday. :)

Devin really does good with a cast though - it doesn't seem to slow him down at all. At least Cole didn't do it this time, right?!?

Good luck April!!!!

Tina said...

Ya, I admit that I chuckled too. I guess I didn't know it had happened before. Poor guy missing out on the fun of the easter egg hunt.

Good luck with next time and the time after... Can't wait to see the orange one. (j/k)

At least he had fun while it lasted in the bounce house.

I was just thinking to myself that Jacob would NOT handle a cast. He can't even handle a bandaid or a piece of string around his finger for two seconds.

Jenna said...

Poor thing! I don't know what I'd do if Shea broke something. You are super mom. Oh, hey, another broken arm - lunch anyone? Agh!! Good luck sweetie!

J.Needs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Lynn said...

Oh no! I did giggle a bit but mostly at the fact that Dev is made of glass :)

sorry to hear Devin missed out on egg hunting

Michaelson Family said...

Oh no. That is crazy. I can't believe it. What number is this? I heard that boys go to the ER a lot more than girls will. CRAZY. Hope that he feels better soon and doesn't have to wear it for long.
:(

Heather said...

Oh no! Poor Devin. I hope he is doing ok with the cast and I hope there is not a "next time" anytime soon. The pics are great though...your kids are adorable and they are growing up so fast.

Marcie said...

I feel so bad for Devin! Two broken arms already. Not fun for Devinor mom! I know before long it will be Ethan who is braking his arm. By the way, I LOVE the picture of Jaycie. She is getting so big! What a beautiful girl. Oh, and we are totally planning on coming to Texas for Christmas. I am so excited and it is still months away.