Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Vacations

I have decided I officially LOVE Jamin's job. Having him home this summer has been WONDERFUL. We were able to jump in the car and drive to Arizona a few weeks ago and stay as long as we wanted. No job to rush home to...nothing but time. I love a stress-free vacation.

We decided to take the car instead of fly. I must admit...I was terrified. 18 hours in a car with a 2 year old and a 6 month old baby. That did not sound like fun. But I put on my brave face and packed lots of toys and candy. To my shock and complete surprise, I didn't need to pack anything.


Devin was a near-perfect angel. He was content just looking out the window. If it wasn't for the million and one potty breaks at the side of the road he would have received perfect marks.


Jaycie was incredible. She whined a bit when she got hungry, but piped down as soon as I shoved the bottle in her mouth. I could not have asked for a better experience.
 
Arizona updates coming up next.

4 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

We were at your Grandparents (Needs) home last week for my sister's pat. blessing and they said you were on your way home from the road trip- you brave woman! I'm glad everything went SO well!! Looking forward to seeing some pictures!!

Amy said...

The blue sky in the first pic is amazing!! I'm happy your trip went so well--You have such good kids! Can't wait to see more pics. :)

Jordy said...

We've done a few trips here and there with little ones. I agree, they aren't without their difficulties, but they really aren't as bad as people think they are. Last year when we drove home from Texas we stopped at Cadillac Ranch outside of Amarillo and got the kids out of the car for a bit. Little things like that make trips with kids a lot easier!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad it went well. (As I knew it would!) Your kids are great... The pics look really good. And I'm SO glad you are back!!